Rent The Michigan Theatre
Because The Michigan Theatre of Jackson is an historic building, great care must be taken to insure the safety and preservation of the facility. Be aware of the following rules prior to your rental of The Michigan Theatre of Jackson.
- The Michigan Theatre of Jackson is a non-smoking facility.
- Alcohol is sold only to members of The Michigan Theatre of Jackson. One day memberships may be available for purchase at the cost of one dollar ($1).
- DO NOT use tape, pins, tacks or nails on wood or plaster surfaces.
- The Michigan Theatre of Jackson has a limited number of 6ft and 8ft tables (with linens) for renter’s use.
Date holds are taken on a first come basis. Rentals must be contracted by the first date of the month prior to the month in which rental is to occur or date is considered forfeited. One half of the rental fee is required upon signing of the contract. The balance of the rental fee is due one week (7 days) prior to rental date.
CANCELLATION POLICY: ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE AFTER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
Base Rental Includes the Following
- Theatre access
- One house technician for one (1) shift (8 hours for a full day rental, 4 hours for part day rental)
- One House Staff
- Auditorium lights, cleaning, open and close theatre
- Use of dressing rooms (7 total- 3 upstairs 4 downstairs)
- Use of grand piano (tuning not included), lectern, limited number of tables and chairs
- Handicap accessible bathrooms in lobby. (note stage is not handicap accessible)
Additional Charges Include
- Overtime hours for building $150.00 per hour
- Additional Sound and lighting at cost +15% surcharge
Basic Facility Rentals
Basic Theatre Rental Charge Sunday Through Thursday $1,200.00
Friday or Saturday Events (per day) $1,500.00
- 50% of Basic Rental Charges due at contract signing
School Assembly Special
- Weekday School Assembly Package ($350 minimum)
- Projectionist $75.00
- Per person $6.00 (includes small drink and small popcorn)
- Weekday/weeknight rentals $450.00
- Weekend (during the day) $600.00
*maximum of three hour period
Advance Promotion of Your Event
THE MICHIGAN THEATRE OF JACKSON OFFERS SEVERAL METHODS OF PROMOTION FOR YOUR EVENT. THOUGH WE CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE ALL MATERIALS, WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PROMOTE AND REPRESENT YOUR PRODUCTION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
- Flyers should be 8.5″ X 11″ or 11″ X 17″ to fit into our display cases outside of the theater and inside (the lobby poster cases).
- You may not tape posters, or any materials, to the front of the poster cases or to any wall of the theater.
- The Michigan Theatre will post promotional materials on our website, Facebook, and twitter. Materials must be submitted in a timely e.org (attention marketing department).
- We reserve the right to remove all materials deemed inappropriate by the marketing department.
- All electronic promotional materials must be submitted via email at email@example.com.
Additional Services & Equipment Offered
- Spot Lights (includes operator) $200.00 ea.
- House Sound System (includes technician) $500.00
- Intelligent Lighting (includes technician) $400.00
- Projectionist (3 hour minimum) $120.00
- Rear Projection Screen (includes short throw projector) $200.00
- Name on marquee $100.00
- Current seating Capacity: 1550 Total Capacity
- Stage Specifications: Stage-70’Wide x 26’Deep 60 ft High to Grid
- Proscenium Opening: 33’W x 28’H
- Loading Door: 8’W x 10’H
Sound System Specifications
- Front of House: 4 JBL-JRX225/ 2 JBL dual 18 SRX folded subwoofers 2 Gallahan predators
- Amplifiers: Crown, Samson, Peavey totaling 25,800 Watts
- Monitors: JBL, EV, Peavey 16 total “8 Powered mixes available”
- Microphones: Shure Beta series, and SM series 57 and 58’s.
- Mixer: Berhinger X32
- Wireless: Audio Technica 400 series. 8 Body Packs, 2 Handheld
- 24″ x 34′ Screen dimensions
- Barco Digital Projector
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound system
- DCP/Blu Ray/ Satellite feed capable
- 16,000 watts of Crown Amplification for Audio